A little wit. A little wisdom. And a little whatever. Your daily dose of humor, of words that hopefully make a difference, and of some of the trivia that floats around in my brain all the time. I hope these posts bring some levity and light into your day. As always, if you like it, please hit the like button below (yes, you’ll be asked for your email address, but you’re NOT signing up for anything…I promise), and most importantly share, Share, SHARE!! I’d really appreciate it if you did. 🙂
More things we have learned from movies… (from “Funny Stuff”)
1. When you turn out the light to go to bed, everything in your bedroom will still be clearly visible, just slightly bluish.
2. If you are blonde and pretty, it is possible to become a world expert on nuclear fission at the age of 22.
3. Honest and hard working policemen are traditionally gunned down three days before their retirement.
4. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their archenemies using complicated machinery involving fuses, pulley systems, deadly gasses, lasers, and man-eating sharks, which will allow their captives at least 20 minutes to escape.
5. During all police investigations, it will be necessary to visit a strip club at least once.
“Moderation is the last refuge of the unimaginative.” —Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900 (Learn more about him.)
On this date in 1964, The Beatles made their first trip to the United States, and thus began the famed “British Invasion.” More successful than their efforts in 1812, as these Brits remain one of the top selling musical groups in American history.